Bites is super excited to welcome back all of our guests as of June 1st!
Please read our reopening instructions below.
- We are excited to offer an amazing time dining on our patio only. What a great time of year for that!!
- Our hours of operation are from 11 am to 8 pm and we just ask that you call with your reservation each day or up to 48 hrs in advance.
- To ensure that each guest has the time to relax and enjoy their meal we are limiting the time at each table to 1 hour and 20 mins. This will give us the opportunity to properly sanatize between each table full of guests!
- We will also have both patios open to ensure we can accommodate as many guests as possible while still practicing social distancing. Front patio will serve traditional patio menu & back patio will serve full dining room menu.
- We recommend that you look at our menu online before arriving to know which patio fits your dining needs so you have ample time to relax with your meal and beverage and not fretting over what to order!
- We will have tables set up to try to accommodate various party sizes of up to 4 (or 6 if related)
- If you aren’t ready to dine in with us yet…no worries, we are still offering carryout!
- We appreciate your patience with us during this unprecedented time. If you have questions please feel free to ask when you call for your reservation or send us a message on facebook.
- Most of all.. we are EXCITED to be able to welcome you back to your Gathering Place!!
Ties to Paul Bunyan?
Paul Bunyan has been in Minnesota folklore history for over a century. The earliest printed stories about him and his infamous blue ox, Babe, date as early back as 1906. He was a legend in the logging community and an integral part of Minnesota’s heritage. Kind of like ice fishing, log cabins, the loons floating on the lakes and rivers and lastly lutefisk dinners put on by area groups throughout the lakes area.
Bites Grill & Bar is located on the beautiful trail of Paul Bunyan right out front of Bites parking lot and game patio. Bites is not hard to miss as it’s built out of logs and the Paul Bunyan trail passes right in front of big picture windows.
Bites log building was constructed around 1997 with locally sourced logs made from aspen, birch, red oak, and Norway pines sourced from the George Kinney Memorial Forest located in Crow Wing County Minnesota. They have beautiful pictures of the process it took to make Bite’s reality. From the logging of the wood right up to the finished masterpiece that is Bites today.
Throughout the year customers can witness the ever changing seasons of Minnesota life. In the fall the leaves will be in various shades of yellow, orange, and red creating a scene straight from a postcard. The fireplace will be lit and if you time it just right you can get a stunning picture of those magnificent logs with the sun setting behind it. Or if you’re an early riser you can sit inside and look out at the sunrise with your morning cup of coffee and newspaper. During the winter you will see snowmobiles coming in off the snow-laden trail warming their hands by the roaring fire, grabbing a bite to eat to fill their rumbling stomachs and telling stories of their various adventures. And in the spring and summer the snow will have melted and made way for flowers to blossoms, the deer to roam with their new offspring, and the bikers to visit. With the Paul Bunyan trail right out front there’s endless things to do in the sun or snow. So no matter which season you find yourself at Bites, make sure you run your hands over the beautifully crafted log walls, venture out on the Paul Bunyan trail taking pictures of the seasons and grab a bite to eat. And just maybe you will feel the spirit of Paul Bunyan and Babe as you sit besides the fireplace warming your hands or while you stop in for a refreshing drink and bite to eat after a stroll on the trail.
Stop in today and say hi to the owners, Roger and Wendy Hoplin. Bites Grill and Bar won the Minnesota Restaurant Association’s new award, the Restaurant Neighbor Award, in November 2016.
Your Daily Specials
1/2 Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwich
served with cup of soup
Bacon, Tomato, Grilled Cheese on sour dough bread
served with cup of soup
Tuna Salad Sandwich on white or wheat toast
with cup soup
Beef & Cheddar Sandwich
with choice of french fries, tator tots, or coleslaw
Chicken Pot Pie served with salad
Meat Ball Sub
Meatballs in marinara sauce topped with mozzarella cheese
served with french fries, tator tots, or coleslaw
Sloppy Joe served with tator tots
French Dip served with french fries, tator tots, or coleslaw
Burger Sliders with tator tots
Walleye Sandwich served with french fries, tator tots, or coleslaw.
Your April Specials
Reuben Egg Rolls
Corned beef, Sauerkraut & Swiss cheese rolled up in egg
roll skin deep fried and served with Homemade 1000
Corned beef, potatoes, onions, carrots, Sauerkraut & Swiss cheese in a rich cream base.
Cup $4.50 • Bowl $5.50
Salmon Caesar Salad
Romaine salad, parmesan cheese & croutons mixed with our Caesar dressing. Topped with North Atlantic Salmon. Served with a warm dinner roll
Corned Beef Poutine with Gravy
Golden brown French fries, hand breaded cheese curds & corned beef smothered in brown gravy
Entrees start serving at 4:00
Large chunks of corned beef, potatoes, carrots & onions
in a rich beef gravy. Served with soup or salad & garlic
Irish Whiskey Chicken
Chicken breast, roasted red potatoes & carrots in an Irish whiskey sauce. Served with soup or salad.
Irish Roasted Pork Belly
Slow cooked in a cider marinade & brown sugar glaze.
Served with two sides.
All entrées start serving at 4:00. All entrees served with 2 sides.
WEEK OF ST. PATRICK’S DAY (March 16-23)
Corned Beef & Cabbage
Served with 2 sides.
AYCE Deep Fried Shrimp or our Hand Battered Fish
(Fridays after 4:00 only during lent)
Served with French Fries & coleslaw.
Friday & Saturday Prime Rib
10 oz $20.95 • 14 oz $25.95